|Approx. value of the contract: 116 million PKR|
|Location within Country (Districts)
|Name of Donor/ Funding Agency
|Duration of Project (months):
|Start date (month/year):
February 01, 2015
|Completion date (month/year):
January 31, 2018
|No. of Project Staff
|Name of senior employees of your organization involved in project implementation
Project Objectives, Outcomes and list of major activities (Not more than 500 words)
To alleviate the negative impacts of poverty and create opportunities to build and empower resilient communities those participate actively in development activities.
R1: Establishment and strengthening of an inclusive and representative system of three-tier community mobilization for social and economic development federating communities at village, and villages at the targeted Union Councils level;
R2: Community social infrastructure (primary schools, health centres, WASH schemes, veterinary clinics, irrigation channels, drains, bridges, roads, flood protection embankments etc.) built or rehabilitated to improve basic social service delivery, taking into account disaster risk reduction principles;
R3: Capacities of local administration/local representatives at Union Council and Tehsil level to plan, monitor and supervise development strengthened;
R4: Capacities of civil society organisations to advocate for the better management and implementation of public policies and services strengthened.
List of major activities (along with targets)
- Formation of 3-tiers mobilization system i.e. COs, VOs and LSOs
- COs, VOs, LSOs engaged in development activities
- Identification and capacity building of community resource persons (CRPs) both institutional-CRPs and sectorial- CRPs.
- CPI schemes constructed and restored
- is engaged in development process through capacity building
- CSOs are engaged for improved services through advocacy around sustainable development goals(SDGs) especially on SDG no 3, 5 and 13.
- Awareness campaigns on climate change, Gender, peace and pluralism, Malnutrition, health and hygiene
- Enterprise development training and financial literacy training events for office bearer of community institutions.
- Awareness session on financial inclusion especially for CRPs and CI;s bookkeepers.
- Vocational and technical skill training
- Training of service providers on gender, HIV&AIDS, natural resource management and disaster risk reduction for improved and sustainable delivery of services
- Strengthening of community-service provider linkages by workshops, meetings and exposure visits
- Training of CSOs on Right Based Approach, equity and inclusion
- Training of CSOs on Advocacy and lobbying
- Training of CSOs on Citizen Engagement tools: budget tracking and analysis, community scorecards exercise, town hall meetings and decision process
- Mobilization and advocacy initiative at UC and District level by CSOs