The Provincial Govt of KPK called for emergency in the province as 204 people are died and thousands are injured from heavy rin and floods. The record of past 60 years rain is broken as hundred of rural villages are demolished and communication roads/channels are destroyed. The most affected districts are Nowshehra and Charsadda because of heavy flood in river Kabul and swat.
The connection of KPK to other areas is cut-off as dozens of bridges and roads destroyed by the flood flow (Motorway River Kabul Bridge & GT Road Bridge) which broke the connection of the province with other provinces and federal capital. The Govt. of KPK asked for relief and quick response.
- In Peshawar 36 hours rain destructed different areas; refugees camp in Matani is completely destructed. Cellular and transportation services including rails are closed and 60 houses demolished by heavy flood in which 3 children including 2 women are missing.
- The 40 nearest villages of motorway blocked the traffic as their 5,000 houses destroyed by flood flow
- The flood in Charsada and shabqadar destroyed the crops of sugarcane, maze and vegetables. Hundreds of villages are demolished and according to the recent information 10 people are died and hundreds of people injured.
- According to the Nowshehra monitoring desk news, flood occupied 1,000 people, 5 children drowned and still missing, DCO Roohullah said that we do not any rescue team to take out affected population from danger zone.
- In shangla due to storm drain 26 people are killed, and people are protecting their selves in hills. 850 houses and 150 bridges are destroyed and people are calling for help.
- In District Kohistan Storm rain destroyed the properties and 09 people are reported died.
In July 1954 212 ML rain was recorded in Peshawar, but in July 2010 only in 18 hours 226 ML rain is recorded which shows the intensity of water. The Provincial minister for information Mr. Main Iftekhar said that flood in river Kabul, Swat, Naguman and khayaly damaged the Jandi Pul on motorway and now closed for traffic. He said that we are in emergency situation and calling for help from other provinces and federal govt. To rescue affected people we brought 50 boats and alerted administration to do the tasks. He said that in Kohistan two Chinese construction companiesâ€™ 200 workers are still in trouble and 9 of them are still missing.